Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Empty

I promise you that I've been trying to write everyday. During the one hour a day I allow myself to sit and write  nothing is coming to me. Sometimes when I'm not writing I think of things I could write about later when I have time, but that hasn't happened either. I won't be so bold and arrogant as to say I have writer's block because that implies I'm a writer, but I will say this; I can't think of anything to say and it's actually making me want to cry. No, it really is. It's maddening to go and do something and not be able to do it. I'm a total lame ass saying I would write everyday and then not coming through with the promise. That'll teach you to take me seriously! The Avett Brothers can sum it up for me perfectly... 

Shame, boatloads of shame
Day after day
More of the same
Blame, please lift it off
Please take it off
Please make it stop

Hopefully I'll make it through this pitiful little episode. Maybe I should just go and do something foolish and irresponsible and then I'll have something to write about. Yes, that seems like a wonderful solution. In the meantime, thanks, capicola farts,  for putting up with me and my empty promises.




6 comments:

Terri (#1 responder today & biggest fan of capicola) said...

If you're going to do something foolish and irresponsible invite me along!

ann marie said...

Of course! It may involve a bike. And Fiesta Grande! :)

deborah Macfarlane (sister of Ann Marie) said...

okay well I guess number two responder will let this
writer's block slide...
it will pass...
I am sure of that!

Julie said...

Aside from being everyone's favorite writer (yes you definitely are a writer), you can get a fair amount of comments even when you have next to nothing to say.

Terri said...

I thought you'd (all) appreciate this quote:

"Writing is a struggle against silence." ~~ Carlos Fuentes

deborah Macfarlane (sister of Ann Marie) said...

okay well we gave you a day for your writer's block!
oh do you like how I have now grouped the fellow
commenters and myself together as a WE!!!!!!!
I call for a riot fellow fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!